Personnel deficit has a negative impact on business operations. What to do if all channels for finding IT specialists are exhausted, and you need to close vacancies asap? Our advice on how to find developers: try different search channels. Check the job sites for software developers in the article below.
Top websites for hiring developers in 2023
Digital recruiting is a very busy field. There are hundreds of job sites on the market, each offering access to a large community of developers, writers, managers, and tons of top talent. With the right platform; you can reduce your workload and hire the perfect candidate faster. Among the best engineering job boards are the following:
GitHub is a platform for team management of projects and code. The resource is popular among Tech-specialists, as it provides an opportunity to store projects in repositories and share your pet projects for free. Unique experts can be found on GitHub using the following:
- built-in search filters;
- the “patch” function that allows you to “extract” the user’s contacts.
Reddit is a site that is a mixture of social networks and forums. Here, every user can share news or content, as well as discuss important issues. And Reddit is a great job search service. According to statistics, between January 10, 2022, and February 1, 2022, the number of active job listings recruited from Reddit to Greenhouse increased by about 45 percent. This means that a recruiter has a very good chance of finding a suitable specialist here.
AngelList is an American web service that specializes in startups and investments. The recruiter can find school developers and designers – the candidate base consists of about 8 million people. Feedback rates are also good.
Upwork is a platform for outsourcing short-term and long-term projects. It’s a third-party marketplace that connects you with freelancers and charges a percentage of successful orders. Startup companies can use it to hire people for a variety of additional jobs, such as graphic design and content writing for admin support.
Hiring developers: where to start and plan
The question of where to look for developers is more relevant than ever. Standard search channels do not always work, and it is difficult for recruiters to hire a developer for a project. You need to come up with a plan firstly and then find the best place to hire developers.
Here are five steps to help you plan your hiring strategy and find the right developers for your team.
- Define Your Hiring Needs – The first step is to define your hiring needs. What kind of developers are you looking for? What specific skills and qualifications do you require? Consider the type of projects your team will be working on and the technologies you will be using. This will help you create a job description that accurately reflects your needs and attracts the right candidates.
- Develop Your Recruiting Strategy – Once you have defined your hiring needs, it’s time to develop your recruiting strategy. Consider where you will post job openings and how you will reach potential candidates. Will you use job boards, social media, or reach out to your network? You should also think about the interview process and who will be involved.
- Screen Candidates – Once you start receiving applications, it’s time to screen candidates. This can be done through phone or video interviews, or even coding challenges. Look for candidates who have the right experience and qualifications and who are a good fit for your team culture. Consider their communication skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Conduct In-Person Interviews – After you have screened candidates, it’s time to conduct in-person interviews. This is your chance to get to know the candidate better and assess their technical skills. Consider asking them to walk you through a project they have worked on, or giving them a coding challenge to complete. You should also evaluate their soft skills, such as communication, problem-solving, and teamwork.
- Make an Offer – Once you have identified the right candidate, it’s time to make an offer. Consider salary, benefits, and any other perks you can offer to attract and retain top talent. You should also be prepared to negotiate and be flexible to meet the candidate’s needs
Hiring developers requires careful planning and a strategic approach. By defining your hiring needs, developing a recruiting strategy, screening candidates, conducting in-person interviews, and making an offer, you can find the right developers for your team and set your company up for success.